| Eakta can write in red ink using a green marker. |
News: I have graduated and I now work at the Systems and Applications R&D Center at Texas Instruments. I am also adjunct faculty at the computer science department of the University of Texas at Dallas. I can be reached at ''e hyphen jain at ti dot com''.
From now onwards, I will update this webpage.
My most recent CV is here. (pdf)
I was graduate student at the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. I worked in the Graphics Lab and was advised by Jessica Hodgins and Yaser Sheikh. Before starting graduate school, I graduated with a Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering in 2006 from the Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IITK).
I am interested in the intersection of artist-created visual content with computer-driven technologies.
In my free time, I am learning to swim the butterfly stroke. I also like gardening and reading science-fiction.
Thesis oral: April 24th, 2012
"Title: Attention-guided Algorithms to Retarget and Augment Animations, Stills and Videos"
- 3D Social Saliency from Head-mounted Cameras Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) , 2012.
- Inferring Artistic Intention in Comic Art through Viewer Gaze ACM Symposium on Applied Perception (SAP), 2012. Honorable Mention Best Paper
- Three-dimensional Proxies for Hand-drawn Characters ACM Transactions on Graphics, 2012.
- Augmenting Hand Animation with Three-dimensional Secondary Motion'' Proceedings of the Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA), 2010. Best Paper Award
- Leveraging the Talent of Hand Animators to Create Three-Dimensional Animation Proceedings of the Symposium on Computer Animation (SCA), 2009.
- Hypergraphs- Organizing complex natural neural networks, Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Intelligent Sensing and Information Processing, 2005. E. Jain, M. J. Healy, L. Saland, D. Hamilton, A. Allan, K. Caldwell, T. P. Caudell.
- Dancing Puppets- An Innovative Approach to Learning Programming"
Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering Education, University of Florida, 2004. R. Bhattacharya,
Nidhi, E. Jain, U. Maitra, G. Sharma, S. B. Agravat, A. Mukherjee.
Notes to self:
updated May 2012.
Contact: ejain at cs dot cmu dot edu (should also still work).